Fashion Models + Our Family

Our Family's Tree

A couple of years ago, I decided I wanted a country Christmas tree, with heavy grape vine draped through the branches and a twig star on the top.

I had my mind set.

I was clear about what I wanted.

I was sure it would be perfect for our house and for our family.

I went about finding the items that I thought would create a perfect rustic tree filled with whimsical country charm.

I found the heavy grape vine and small country bears.

I gathered twigs from our yard.

I found the berry sprigs and red grapes to hang on the tree's branches.

A found the perfect green and red ribbon and made huge, fluffy bows.

I gathered beautiful large pine cones.

And ... what I couldn't find or gather ...

I made ....

I painted Santas ...

And I glued ribbon and pine to painted hearts.

I searched for just the right buttons to adorn tiny trees.

I tied ribbons and painted stripes on candy canes.

I also painted trains and ...

More trees.

And snowmen with buttons and brooms.

There are gingerbread men.

And snowflakes.

And even more trees.

And winter bird houses perched amongst the pine cones, berries and bows.

It is not the most beautiful tree.

Nor is it a tree that would fit into just any house.

Some might even call it gaudy or loaded down with too much country stuff.

That's all okay, because ...

This is ... our tree.

The tree that is decorated to fit into ... our family's house.

The tree that I made for ...

My family.

-

LIFE, and more:

Our Family's Tree + Our Family