Fashion Models + Little Billy

Mother Chuckle and Mama Hyde

I have to play a lot of roles in my household.

While I would never consider myself to be a chef *throws head back and laughs* - I wear a chef's hat now and again.

While I am not as popular or as efficient as Alice - from the Brady Bunch - I am definitely the housekeeper of the On The Upside household.

While I have no formal training or resume - I am the accountant, bookkeeper, file keeper and cashier.

I am the masseuse that my children come to for back rubs and lotion applications.

I am the doctor, the nurse practitioner and the pharmacist in our family.

I am the pool guy - without the great six pack and California smile - and buldge in my shorts.

I am gardener, mower of the lawn, trimmer of the trees and shrubs and ant pile killer.

I am the laundry lady, the dish washer and the closet organizer person.

I am the trash collector, grocery buyer and purchaser of the clothes.

I am the killer of all bugs and finder of all lost things.

In the midst of one of my busy days of taking off one professional hat and replacing it with yet another ...

It was the end of the day and I was preparing the household for bedtime.

My little son had just taken a shower.

I called my son into my room.

He stood by my side and we talked.

We were having a tender moment.

I commended him on a good day's work.

He smiled.

I touched him gently.

He smiled.

I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tightly.

Our hearts were happy, as we were sharing some moments of joy and then ... I patted him on the back and sent him on his way.

As he entered the hallway, I yelled ... "And clean that mess off the floor of your room. If I walk by there and there is still anything not picked up - I'm throwin' that stuff in the trash."

He shuffled quietly down the hallway.

He stopped in his tracks.

He mumbled ...

"How can she be so nice one minute and then ... screamin' mean stuff at me ... the next?" his voice faded as he entered his bedroom.

On the upside ... *Evil chuckle from the mom as she removed her warden hat and placed it on the night stand beside her bed*

LIFE, and more:

Mother Chuckle and Mama Hyde + Little Billy