Fashion Models + vacation

It's That Time Again ...

Do you see this family?

Well ...

It's that time again.

That time to gear this bunch up for the winter, family vacation.

That time to decide where and when to go.

That time to start planning and making reservations and ...

PSYCHING myself for a ...

Possible road trip to New Mexico ...

Or ...

Colorado ...

Or ...

Utah.

Now ...

It will appear, on the outside, that the On The Upside family is once again off on yet another exciting adventure and even there might be those that gaze on our travels with appreciative eyes, but ...

They will never know exactly how it really is.

They will never guess all the whining and fighting that goes on.

They would never imagine all the lack of gratitude or enthusiasm.

They will be blinded by the appearance of a loaded down van headed off into to the western horizon and be misled by their own misguided assumptions and not realize ...

That I ...

After only two hours in the car with this bunch ...

Will have wished I had booked my own room ... at the end of this traveling road.

But ...

I will still plan this trip.

Make all the preparations and schedules.

I will pack the suitcases with clothes and mittens, the cooler with sodas, cram movies and Ipods and coloring books under every seat of the van.

I will do it with high hopes.

Hope ... for lovely memories captured in photos.

Hope ... for songs to be sung ... in the place of screams and whimpers and tears provoked by annoying brothers.

Hope ... for quiet moments and evenings gathered around cozy fireplaces.

Hope ... for excitement on snow covered ski slopes.

Hope ... for smiles and giggles and laughter.

It will be fun and wonderful ...

It has all the potential in the world to be ...

FABULOUS!

I am hoping.

Thank goodness I have 6 more weeks to work on the rest of this On The Upside bunch ...

Begin to motivate them ...

Convince them to believe - too.

On the upside ... I think it will be Utah, this year - for Christmas. If my excitement rubs off at all on my family - there will be much fun had by all. We will see how it goes.

LIFE, and more:

It's That Time Again ... + vacation