Fashion Models + Photo Story Friday

Interview With A Flat Girl

Hosted by Cecily and Mama Geek

So ... last Friday (for Photo Story Friday), I introduced you to Alexis' friend, Sally. I followed her through her day - took photos, and told you the story of "Sally's Busy Day". Some people said they would like to see Sally again and we might just see her again soon, but ... this week, we are going to meet another one of Alexis' friends for a Photo Story Friday interview.

Interview With A Flat Girl

"It's very nice to meet you ... Flatsie."

"Thanks. I'm so flattered you picked me to interview."

"Is Flatsie your real name - or is it a nick-name?"

"It's my real name. I was named after my Aunt Flatsie, on my mother's side. My brother - his name is Flatten. My sister - her name is Flattest. My daddy - his name is Flatter and my mother - her name is Flattey. We're all flat. I'm the youngest in the Flat family."

"And ... where are you from, Flatsie? Where do you live?

"Well ... in Flat, Texas - of course."

"Is there really a place - Flat, Texas?"

"You've never heard of Flat, Texas? It's about 38 miles southwest of Waco. It's where all us Flats live."

"Is that your last name - Flat?"

"Yes - Flatsie Flat, of the Flatter Flats from Flat, Texas."

"And ... do you live there with your family?"

"Oh, yes. We live in a flat just above the filling station, across the street from the Flat Feed & Seed."

"Your hair is beautiful, Flatsie. Do you do it yourself?

"Thanks. Yes, I do. First I flatten it with the flat iron ..."

"Then I braid it. This is how I always fix my hair."

"What do you like to do in your spare time, Flatsie?"

"Well ... I like to watch a lot of TV on our wall mounted flat screen. And, I like to go to concerts. Last weekend I went to Waco with some friends from Flat, to see Rascal Flatts."

"So, you went to Waco. Do you travel a lot?"

"Not much. I don't want to travel too far - and risk falling off the edge of the earth. It's flat, you know?"

"Those are lovely shoes, Flatsey. Do you like shoes?"

"Boy - do I! These are the only pair of heels I own, though. Being as I am so flat - I usually wear - flats. I have lots of flats."

"What is your favorite food?

"I'd have to say ... flat bread. My grandma Flat makes the best flat bread in all of Flat!"

"Thanks so much for the interview, Flatsie. I'll walk you to your scooter."

"Oh My! I have a flat tire!"

"And ... wouldn't you know ... I left my tire jack back at my flat in Flat and ... all I've got is a flat-head screwdriver here in my scooter trunk."

"I could give you a ride - if you'd like."

"No - that's okay. I'll just call my brother, Flatten - he'll come right over here and fix it in nothin' flat. He's an expert at fixin' flats."

"What on earth happened? Why are you lying on the ground, Flatsie?"

"Oh ... I'm okay. The wind just blew me over - flat to the ground. That happens sometimes. I'll just lie here flat on my back and rest a while until Flatten comes to fix this flat."

And, there you have it. An exclusive interview with Flatsey Flat, from Flat, Texas. I believe we all now know as much as we ever wanted to know about a ... flat girl.

*Note: This was my doll when I was little. She is at least 40 years old. I believe her name was Flatsie - at least that is what I always called her. These were very popular for a while - these little flat dolls. They came with all sorts of "flat" accessories - so cute (I still have her flat baby carriage - but no flat baby ?). I think they need to bring these little dolls back. The doll is only about 3" tall - not very big and ... she does look a lot like Paris Hilton - doesn't she?! Maybe she'll come back as Paris in a future PSF - that might be fun.

LIFE, and more:

Interview With A Flat Girl + Photo Story Friday