Fashion Models + Little Billy

You've Gotta Know When To Fold Um

Oh ... I saw it.

I tried not to.

I diverted my eyes.

I looked around the room.

I kept right on talking ...

Tried to keep my voice stern ...

Tried to be serious ...

Tried to keep my focus ...

But ...

I saw it.

And ...

What I really wanted to do was ...

Stop all that scolding and ....

Stop all the ...

"What if? And ..."
"How could you? And ..."
"You have to ... And ..."
"I've told you ... And ..."
"Next time ..."

And ...

Look right into those ...

Puppy dog eyes that were pleading ...

"I'm sorry Mama." And ...
"I won't do it again, Mama." And ...
"I'm not a bad boy, Mama." And ...
"I'm trying, Mama." And ...
"I'll try harder, Mama."

I just wanted to reach over ...

Pull him to me ...

Hug all his sadness away ...

And ...

Melt right into those ...

Chocolate brown eyes.

And then ...

I did.

On the upside ... I might have wasted this one well scripted, well expressed, well intentioned lecture, but ... I have others. There will be plenty of other opportunities to scold that boy. On this day ... well ... I folded.

LIFE, and more:

You've Gotta Know When To Fold Um + Little Billy