Fashion Models + Life

What Was I So Afraid Of?

I'm going to tell you ...

I was afraid.

I have watched a lot of TV - Phil Donahue, Montel Williams, Sally Jesse Raphael.

I have heard many horror stories and ... it was something I was not looking forward to.

I had imagined the worse.

I had tried to prepare myself.

I was not looking forward to the day that ...

My little children grew ...

Up ...

To be ...

Teenagers!

I was not looking forward to the day ...

That they would begin to roll their eyes at me ...

That they would become brave enough to talk back to me ...

That they might very well grow taller than me ... and look down into my eyes from a higher altitudes!

I was sure ... it would be traumatic!

I was certain it would be frightening!

SCARY!

But ...

But ...

Let me tell you ...

It is sometimes those things - YES.

But ...

But ...

Let me show you ...

Here is how it also is ...

(Make sure you turn up your volume)

Aren't they darling?!

Not only is it NOT all that scary ...

Not all that horrible ...

Not all that frightening ...

It's pretty darn WONDERFUL - most of the time!

Even FANTASTIC!

Even the FABULOUS loud Kelly Clarkson music coming from their room!

They are fun!

They are funny!

They are loving and social and happy!

They are a joy to have around!

I am so glad I was wrong.

I'm so glad that I am surprised that ...

I LOVE IT as much as I do!

Footnote: These two got their lisences yesterday, after many months of parent taught drivers ed. YAY for them and YAY for me for surviving this course! It will be a while before I let them loose driving on their own - but, we are one step closer to getting 2 more official drivers to help drive around here - YIPPIE!

Courtney and Chloe, and more:

What Was I So Afraid Of? + Life